Sol Quest

2.04.2005

"Hero of a Thousand Faces"

"Our truest life is when we are in a dream--awake..." Thoureau.

row,row,row your boat gently down the stream....
merrily,merrily,merrily,merrily.....
Life is but a Dream.

I have been ruminating on lofty subjects of late....Mostly in the face of maintaining a level of productivity in the face of my own character defects of procrastination and sloth. I am neither lazy nor unindustrious - yet having a achieved a level of serenity, or awakening, I enjoy my own thoughts and am comfortable in my own skin. My perception can bring me such entertainment that my greater mission of Creation is put on the back burner. I can easily justify perusing the drawings of Peter Paul Rubens (at the Met), or watch Kurosawa's Rashamon again. I must have no fear in cultivating my "Way". The buddhists say to remove pain, remove desire! , but it is only " growing pains" I feel , as I am compelled to create, to draw, to make my music!

"The only way to live is to accept each minute as an unrepeatable miracle, which is exactly what it is - a miracle and unrepeatable." Margaret Storm Jameson 1891-1986, Writer

Do the next right thing....but my creativity lives in the space between knowing everything and nothing at the same moment! ....so trusting myself to act/exist without fear, or too much left-brain ego can really take the chip off my shoulder.

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."
Nelson Mandela Former Prime Minister of South Africa

Ultimately, I have no problems...I only think I do-- they are an invention of my ego--that what I am- is what I have- or DO..... and this is seperate from the Tao, God or Perfection.

Then what is left?
Joseph Campbell, the scholar, author, teacher and sage, when asked by his students what was the meaning of life....after reviewing the synthesis of the hero's quest in the masks of god across the fecundity of human mythology and folklore since the ascent of man....he said:

"Follow Your Bliss...!"

The gratifying thing is that as apriori knowledge, Jungian archetypes, and Campbell are concerned.... I may not yet have an original thought in my head. Crossing the second ego barrier characterized by despair and alienation(The Road of Trials) and allowing the heart chakra of compassion to bloom, I trudge the road to happy destiny in an act of mental synthesis through which the spiritual values of all ages are percieved as simultaneously present and vitally alive.
This has always happenened-is happening-and always will happen.
The books compell me to believe it is every being's birthrite.

What did the buddhist say to the hot dog vendor?

"Make me One with Everything"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home